Ocean Stewardship & Management Opportunity for a Massachusetts High School Student!
The Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary is inaugurating a high school student youth member and alternative youth member (ages 14-17) to represent the youth segment of the community on the Sanctuary Advisory Council. High school youth SAC member may be appointed for a term of two years that begins summer 2012. The Sanctuary Advisory Council advises management on topics such as resource protection, research, education and outreach programs.
The Council is currently addressing issues including:
- Implementing the General Management Plan
- Ocean ecosystem research and citizen science
- Protecting areas of cultural and biological importance
- Planning for proposed activities within sanctuary waters
- Engaging communities in outreach, education, and stewardship of Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
Find Out More at http://www.oceanriver.org/stellwagen_alive.php.
Download an Application Online at: http://stellwagen.noaa.gov.