National Ocean Scholar Program
As part of the NOSB’s continuing effort to recognize individual achievement, the Consortium for Ocean Leadership offers the National Ocean Scholar Program. This scholarship program provides tuition assistance for NOSB students who have an interest in pursuing an ocean or a marine related topic area in their post-high school education.
Criteria for the National Ocean Scholar Program
All applicants for the National Ocean Scholar Program must meet the following requirements:
- Participation in the NOSB at least once during their high school career
- A career goal in the ocean sciences or a marine-related field.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate academic success and integrity throughout their high school career.
- Scheduled high school graduation date in spring of application year.
Please note: Applications must be POSTMARKED by April 15, 2013 to be eligible for consideration.
Interested in supporting the National Ocean Scholar Program and helping future ocean scientists? Click here!
Past Award Recipients
- Follow the link to see the 2012 NOSB Scholars.
- Follow the link to see the 2011 NOSB Scholars.
- Follow the link to see the 2010 NOSB Scholars.
- Follow the link to see the 2009 NOSB Scholars.
- Follow the link to see the 2008 NOSB Scholars.
Any Questions? – Contact the national office at nosb [at] oceanleadership [dot] org.
If you are an undergraduate or graduate student seeking scholarship opportunities, please check out NOAA’s Office of Education Scholarships.
The Marine Technology Society also offers scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students interested in marine science.